Monday, November 28, 2016

Holiday Recipe Swap 2016


Welcome to the Laughing Vixen Lounge Blog. Today I have rounded up some favorite holiday recipes from some of my favorite shops. They have all submitted a recipe that brings a little holiday cheer and perhaps a few holiday memories. We hope you enjoy them.

We invite you to submit your own favorite recipes to share. Think of it as a mini recipe exchange without stamps. I will add your recipe to this post. Submitting a recipe will also get you 15 extra entries in our This or That Giveaway. Enter the giveaway HERE and find full details on how to submit your recipe on the Giveaway Widget.


I make this one every Thanksgiving. They have a really great taste and are perfect is you have any no meat eaters at the table.

  
20 large white mushrooms
¼ green pepper
6 green onions
6 garlic cloves
1 small can chopped black olives
3/4 cup crushed bread crumbs
Butter
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese


Wash mushrooms and gently pop out stems. Finely chop 5 stems, green pepper, green onions (I use just the white part) and garlic. Mix with black olives and bread. Sauté with butter in a large pan. Remove from heat and cool long enough so it is not too hot to touch (sometimes I put it in the refrigerator for a while ). Mix cheese into mixture. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps (you can stuff them full and high). Top each with a little more shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (or until mushrooms are cooked through. You can check with a toothpick.) on a broiler pan (they get drippy as they cook so you want something that can catch the water).

*I usually do not use a recipe when I make these. This is my best “guesstimation” of the amounts. It should make plenty of filling to fill 20 large mushrooms. If it makes a lot of filling it is just fine to stuff the mushrooms full and high.




I made this one up a long time ago simply so I could have the dip the way I liked it. It it has become a favorite for family gatherings.

  
1 large can refried beans
1 large bottle of salsa (your choice of heat)
1 8oz container of sour cream
1 small head of lettuce, shredded
1 medium block of Colby Jack cheese, shredded
1 small can of sliced black olives


Mix beans with generous amount of salsa and warm for a minute or two in microwave. Spread onto large serving plate. Spread sour cream on top of beans (easiest if left out of refrigerator awhile). Spread a layer of salsa on top of sour cream. Cover with lettuce. Cover with cheese. Top with black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.

*This recipe can be customized to suit your taste. Add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, guacamole, taco meat, etc.

Christmas Magic Potion Label Compact - Reindeer Fuel

Follow Laughing Vixen Lounge on Etsy ~ Blog ~ Newsletter ~ Pinterest ~ Facebook



This recipe comes from Chandra of Junkmill and Junkmill Relics.

Every year when the Christmas decorations come out, I put on some Dean Martin, make a cup of this and get all sugared up for trimming the tree. It’s my take on classic hot chocolate, amped up with a little cappuccino mix and tons of super-sweet toppings. So much rich cinnamon chocolate gooey goodness!


2 Tbsp. Instant hot chocolate
1 Tbsp. Maxwell House International Café Cinnamon Dolce Cappuccino (the powder mix that comes in the little rectangular tins)
Handful Miniature marshmallows
Handful miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Reddi-wip whipped cream

Mix powder hot chocolate and powder cappuccino in a large mug. For super-smooth, no lumps hot chocolate, add just enough boiling hot water to cover the powder, stir until blended and lump-free. Place marshmallows in mug then add 8 oz. boiling water. As the water hits the marshmallows, they melt into the hot chocolate forming an ooey-gooey layer of deliciousness. Top with a generous portion of Reddi-wip whipped cream. Sprinkle Cinnamon Dolce Cappuccino mix on top of the whipped cream and garnish with miniature chocolate chips. Delicious! 

Retro Holiday Digital Collage Sheet

Follow Junkmill on Etsy and Junkmill Relics on Etsy ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest



This recipe comes from Cat of Deep Midnight Perfumes.

My mom made Snickerdoodle Cookies for us every Christmas. It was the the favorite cookie of my grandpa and she even made them for him with my grandma when she was a little girl. This is the same tried and true Betty Crocker recipe we have been using for decades in my family! And Santa loves these too! Happy holidays and enjoy!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose or unbleached flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


Directions
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2 . Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

Santa Baby Perfume Oil

Follow Deep Midnight Perfumes on Etsy ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
 


This recipe comes from Heather of Calluna Muse.

I have a recipe for Wassail, which is mulled hot cider. When I was really young, I remember making it for a school project for the holidays. I don't remember exactly what grade, but the one thing I will always remember is that I was young enough to think that it was alcoholic, and that I'd get in trouble when I brought it in to class haha!! Of course, it wasn't, and my other memory was of everyone really enjoying it. I have made it a handful of times since, and I'm sure I will make it a few more, but it will never top the memories of it when I was a kid! This recipe is for a slow cooker version, which is fantastic!


2 quarts apple cider
2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
12 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg

In a slow-cooker or a large pot over low heat, combine apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice. Season with cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer. If using a slow cooker, allow to simmer all day. Serve hot.
*Recipe originally posted here.


Holiday Earring Hanger

Follow Calluna Muse on Website ~ Etsy ~ Facebook ~ Instagram



This recipe comes from Erin of Kitsch Bitch Vintage and Hell in a Handbag.

My Grandma used to make this at the holidays, and I always had a love hate relationship with it. I love to eat it, yet the child in me is still somewhat repulsed by the cottage cheese curds.


A tub of Cool Whip
A tub of Cottage Cheese
1 pkg Orange flavor Jell-O gelatin
1 can Pineapple Chunks
1 can Mandarin Orange Slices
1/3 bag of Mini Marshmallows
Mix well and let sit up in the fridge for about an hour.
Dig in and Happy Holidays!

Vintage Mr. Claus Ornament

Follow Kitsch Bitch Vintage on Etsy and Hell in a Handbag on Etsy ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Flickr ~ Deviant Art

21 comments:

  1. Whoa, those mushrooms look fantastic! Yum, must try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, this is a fabulous post with all these nostalgic recipes! It's awesome! Thank you for inviting me to contribute! I love all the vintage pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite holiday recipe is cheesecake with different homemade toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Some really great recipes listed here to make for the upcoming Christmas holidays. I really like the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the six layer dip! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite holiday treat to make is cinnamon sugar polar bear cookies

    ReplyDelete
  7. The six layer dip sounds like it would be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cheesecake recipe. I will try....drool

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Wassail Punch sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look good! My traditional Christmas contribution is Carolina Trifle w/sherry... heavy on the sherry, and I do love me some eggnog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making mini gingerbread cheesecakes.Though no one but me likes cheesecake in my house so I end up eating them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That insane hot chocolate looks awesome for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. they all look yummy, (might have to leave the cottage cheese out of the jello) /but i am going to try the stuffed mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! My favourite recipe is a recipe for a carrot cake and from this page I'm going to try stuffed mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite holiday recipes are chocolate cheesecake and my mother-in-laws chocolate covered peanuts. Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite holiday recipe is cut out cookies, using my grandma's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are a big fan of holiday cookies, but my usual 'assignment' is to make Fresh Apple Cake from my Grandmother's recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love stuffed mushrooms! I love making and of course eating stuffing for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stuffed mushrooms, have never made Ganna try ty

    ReplyDelete